What are a few warning signs of ice dams? Here are a few (of course if you see water on a interior wall/ceiling and you encounter some of the warning signs above, you most likely have an ice dam)
- Your home has had ice dams in the past.
- You see roof ice – icicles forming on the edge of the roof, or off the front edge of the gutter.
- Ice is coming through the soffit.
- Ice is forming behind the gutters (if gutters are present).
- You see ice or water on the exterior wall.
- You see water coming through the frame of a door or window.